Date of Program
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Pre-Registration: ONLINE HERE
Location: AECOM Offices, 625 West Ridge Pike, Suite E-100, Conshohocken, PA 19428
Check-in: 10:30 am - 11:00 am
Technical Seminar Program: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Cost: Free for members and non-members (Registration Required, No Walk-ins
RSVP: RSVP by close of business Friday, October 14, 2016 (Space is limited)
CLE: SWEP is applying for CLE credits for this program.
Credits: Please indicate if you require a certificate of attendance for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Credits, Continuing Education Units (CEU), or Professional Development Hours (PDH)
About the Program: Please join SWEP of Greater Philadelphia at AECOM’s Conshohocken Office for a technical seminar and lunch. Poly- and perfluoralkyl substances (PFASs) are used in diverse manufacturing processes, intermediary products, and articles of commerce which historically contained and still may contain PFASs and have resulted in high potential exposures. These compounds are soluble, recalcitrant, and persistent. As a result, large dilute plumes represent potential financial and receptor risks. In addition, investigation and characterization for PFASs faces numerous challenges, including the potential for cross-contamination during sampling and analysis, multiple sources, and multiple transport pathways (bedrock, air, surface water). A regulatory history overview, introduction to PFAS, analytical technique and challenges from a commercial laboratory perspective, and data validation information will be presented.
Agenda for the Poly- and Perfluoralkyl Substances Technical Seminar
- 10:30 am – Registration and Lunch Collection
- 11:00 am – Welcome from SWEP
- 11:05 am – PFAS Regulatory History Overview - Joanna Waldron, Esq., Land Air Water Legal Solutions, LLC
- 11:15 am – Introduction to PFAS - Dr. Katherine Davis, AECOM – Principal Geologist & PFAS Technical Practice Group Leader
- 12:00 pm – Break
- 12:10 pm – PFC Analytical Technique, and Challenges from a Commercial Laboratory Perspective - Trent Temperly, SGS – Ultratrace Client Solutions Manager
- 12:25 pm – PFC Data Validation - David R. Blye, CEAC, Environmental Standards – Principal Chemist
- 12:40 pm – Questions
Event sponsored by AECOM.