SWEP is unable to refund registration fees – if you are unable to attend, you may either send a colleague/peer in your spot or your registration will be donated to our Scholarship Fund.
Environmental Careers are on the rise,
are you ready for this exciting future?
November 19, 2014; 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
The Field House1150 Filbert Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 www.fieldhousephilly.com
As the nation's focus on the environment continues to grow, there is an ever-increasing demand for environmental jobs. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, if you're seeking a career in this field, you can look forward to a far more robust job market than graduates of many other disciplines and to earning a starting salary of more than double the nation's average. You can find opportunities for environmental careers in a variety of areas, including private industries, educational institutions, and government agencies (federal, state, or local). The Occupational Outlook Handbook shows that environmental careers are on the rise, with a 10-year growth rate of nearly 20 percent, which is far faster than average.
Are you interested in learning more about these opportunities? Are you an employer hoping to identify candidates for internships and new positions? The Delaware Valley Chapter of the Air & Waste Management Association and the Society of Women Environmental Professionals are excited to present a dinner conversation with environmental, health, and safety professionals. Join us for an evening of networking and career planning and learn about scholarship opportunities that are available.
The following professionals and students are encouraged to attend:
• Environmental professionals - Please join us and help advance the careers of the next generation of environmental professionals and network with others in the environmental field
• Employers - Survey upcoming graduates from environmental programs at all of the top area colleges and universities under one roof
• Current students - Come find out what environmental professionals do on a day to day basis and see if this career path fits your goals
• Upcoming and recent college graduates - Start to establish those critical relationships with area environmental firms and begin networking for your first job
Costs for this event are:
• Students and Educators - Free
• A&WMA and SWEP Members - $10
• Non-Members - $15
Appetizers will be provided. A cash bar will also be available.
When you register, you will be able to submit questions for our panelist of environmental professionals. Don't have any questions right now? That's okay, we will also be fielding new questions during the event.
Members Only - Download the iOS App
Click here to contact us.
Photo Credit: Don Pearse Photographers, Inc., http://donpearsephotographers.com/