Berlin, NJ Location
Churchill Consulting Engineers is seeking a GIS Specialist to join our team working on projects for various local, state and regional agencies. Primary responsibilities will include implementing GIS technologies into engineering and planning projects, including mapping, data acquisition and data analysis. Candidate should be energetic, self-motivated and eager to learn under the direction of experienced professionals.
- Develop and manage comprehensive geo-referenced databases for large-scale engineering/environmental projects
- Perform quantitative/qualitative data analysis/task automation for complex datasets originating from field-gathered and online sources
- Develop templates, QA/QC procedures, and standard operating procedures Providing project or task level quality control oversight
- Mapping/Presentation of data for technical reports and presentations using ESRI ArcMap
- Setting up Web Apps and Web Maps, and their associated databases, on ArcGIS Online for their use in inventory and inspection projects
- Oversee field work and GPS projects for which GIS tools are utilized
- Use of ArcGIS tools in engineering projects to streamline calculations and analysis
- Data management of assets
- Drafting of engineering plans and details
- Perform field work as needed
- Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographical Information Science, or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experience in GIS
- Experience with AutoCAD, MicroStation, and ArcGIS Online
- Background with engineering and environmental infrastructure projects
- Strong database design, administration, and management skills
- Experience conducting technical research and efficiently use web resources to problem solve
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting engineering plans and designs
- Stays current on emerging technology solutions to supporting client innovation.
- Understanding of GPS receivers and software to collect data is a plus
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Churchill Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
- NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
- No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
Katie Eberhart at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at