Lotus Environmental Consulting is seeking NEPA/Environmental Scientists to provide technical support and assistance to project managers. Positions available in Camp Hill and Wayne, PA. Responsibilities will include technical activities related to wetland delineations, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation, and PADEP Chapter 105 permit preparation.
Duties may also include (but are not limited to):
- Conducting field work (in all types of weather and terrain conditions)
- Preparation of technical and environmental compliance documents
- Lead field crews and direct subconsultants in the completion of natural resource studies
- Support proposal development including budgets, schedules and Scope of Work
Skills or Abilities include:
- B.S. degree in Biology, Environmental Science, or related discipline
- 8-10 years of experience, preferably in the transportation industry
- Working knowledge of NEPA, Section 4(f) and Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
- Experience with wetland delineation and waterway permits or Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- ·GIS/GPS familiarity
- PWS Certification, Certified Ecologist, or Certified Wildlife Biologist preferred, but not required
- The position will require excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment. The ideal candidate will have good interpersonal skills, produce timely & quality products, and be technically competent. Must be able to take initiative and be highly self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks in an independent manner while working within a team atmosphere.
This is a full-time position, with benefits included. The associated salary is commensurate with experience. Lotus is an equal employment opportunity and equal professional advancement employer. Employment decisions at Lotus are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy that Lotus does not discriminate in employment opportunities based on race, religion, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual preference/orientation or veteran status regarding any position or employment for which the applicant or employee is qualified.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org